IAQ.net Resources

EPA Lead Safe Guide

Issue link: https://hi.iaq.net/i/114342

Contents of this Issue


Page 19 of 19

IMPORTANT! Lead From Paint, Dust, and Soil in and Around Your Home Can Be Dangerous if Not Managed Properly • Children under 6 years old are most at risk for lead poisoning in your home. • Lead exposure can harm young children and babies even before they are born. • Homes, schools, and child care facilities built before 1978 are likely to contain lead-based paint. • Even children who seem healthy may have dangerous levels of lead in their bodies. • Disturbing surfaces with lead-based paint or removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to your family. • People can get lead into their bodies by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips containing lead. • People have many options for reducing lead hazards. Generally, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard (see page 10).

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of IAQ.net Resources - EPA Lead Safe Guide