IAQ.net Resources

EPA Building Air Quality Guide-1991

Issue link: https://hi.iaq.net/i/630729

Contents of this Issue


Page 167 of 227

Resources 157 FEDERAL AGENCIES WITH MAJOR INDOOR AIR RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC AND COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Conducts a non-regulatory indoor air quality program that emphasizes research, information dissemination, technical guidance, and training. Issues regulations and carries out other activities that affect indoor air quality under the laws for pesticides, toxic substances, and drinking water. Public Information Center (PM-211B) 401 M Street, SW Washington, DC 20460 202-382-2080 Distributes indoor air quality publications. National Pesticides Telecommunications Network National toll-free number: 1-800-858-PEST In Texas: 806-743-3091 Provides information on pesticides. TSCA Hotline Service 202-554-1404 Provides information on asbestos and other toxic substances. Appendix G: Resources Occupational Safety and Health Administration Promulgates safety and health standards, facilitates training and consultation, and enforces regulations to ensure that workers are provided with safe and healthful working conditions. (For further information contact OSHA Regional Offices.) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Conducts research, recommends standards to the U.S. Department of Labor, and conducts training on various issues including indoor air quality to promote safe and healthful workplaces. Undertakes investigations at request of employees, employers, other federal agencies, and state and local agencies to identify and mitigate workplace problems. Requests for Field Investigations NIOSH Hazard Evaluations and Technical Assistance Branch (R-9) 4676 Columbia Parkway Cincinnati, OH 45226 513-841-4382 Requests for Information: 1-800-35-NIOSH or 1-800-356-4674

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of IAQ.net Resources - EPA Building Air Quality Guide-1991